In this article:
Safari is one of the supported browsers for connecting to a Real Appeal Effect live online session. This article explains how to complete the one-time download of the ZillionLive plugin before using Safari as well as how complete the steps to connect to a live session.
Before using Safari to connect to a Real Appeal Effect live online session from Safari, you will need to download the ZillionLive Plugin. You are not required to have a camera or a microphone on your computer. Below are the steps for installing the plugin and joining a live session from Safari.
A plugin is software that acts as an "add-on" to your web browser. To use Safari to join and participate in your live online video sessions, you will need to install the ZillionLive plugin. This will allow you to see the video and other screen elements the way that they were meant to be displayed on your screen.
Connecting for the First Time
1. Click the JOIN button in the upper right corner of the dashboard.
2. The Real Appeal Session Test prompt will start with the Browser Compatibility portion. Click the Download Plugin button to start the installation of the ZillionLive plugin.
3. Click the magnifying glass icon in the Downloads pop-up box that appears in the top right corner of the Safari window.
If you miss the pop-up, you can click the arrow button in the upper right corner of the browser window to show your recent downloads.
If you are unable to locate the downloads folder, you can use the Finder to locate the install file. See detailed instructions for doing so in "Using Finder to Locate the Install File" below.
4. Your downloads folder will be displayed, and you should see the Real Appeal install package as one of the downloaded items. Double-click the “realappeal.pkg” to begin the installation.
5. Once the Real Appeal installer appears, click Continue on the introduction page to move start the installation process.
6. The next step of the installer will allow you to select a destination for the install. If you're unsure what this means, it is recommended to allow the file to install in its default location. Once you have selected a destination for the install, click Continue to move to the next step.
7. The “Installation Type” portion of the installer confirms the size of the install and allows you to change the install location if you decide to do so. Once you have confirmed the information click Install.
8. You may need to input your computer’s Administrator credentials to allow the installation to occur. If you are prompted to do so, enter the administrator's user name and password.
9. After the plugin has been installed, you will see the summary page stating that the installation was successful. Click Close to end the installation process and return to the Real Appeal Effect website.
10. Next, fully close and restart Safari. Although the screen prompts you to refresh your screen, we have found that Safari must be fully closed and restarted to function properly.
To properly close out of the browser, press the “Cmd” key and the “Q” key at the same time (Cmd+Q). This will close all tabs open in Safari, so please make sure to save any information you might have open in any other tabs prior to closing the browser.
11. Reopen Safari, login to the Real Appeal Effect website and then click the JOIN button again. Next you will see a prompt asking if you would like to trust the website to use the Real Appeal Plugin. Click Trust to connect to your session.
12. The session should now connect. If you are properly connected, you should see the text on the red screen change to “Connected! Your coach has not yet arrived. Please wait…” or you will see your coach on the screen.
Using Finder to Locate the Install File
After downloading the file, you may be unable to locate it in the downloads folder using Finder. Follow the instructions below to do so:
1. Open Finder using the icon from your list of programs in your dock. The icon is usually depicted by a blue and white smiley face.
2. Once in Finder, click “All My Files” and then type "realappeal.pkg" in the Search field in the top right corner of the window.
3. Double-click on the realappeal.pkg icon open the Real Appeal installer. Follow the steps above in the "Connecting for the First Time" section to complete the installation process.
Update Security Settings to Allow Plugin Installation
If your computer's settings are configured to only allow installations from the App Store and identified developers, then you likely will see a pop-up notification stating that the plugin cannot be installed because it is from an "Unidentified Developer." The message will look similar to the one shown below.
The ZillionLive plugin is verified and completely safe. To use Safari to join the live online sessions, installation of the plugin is required.
Follow the instructions below to continue the installation process:
1. Click OK in the pop-up message.
2. To continue with the installation, you must access your computer's security settings. To navigate there, first click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
3. Double-click Security & Privacy on the System Preferences menu.
4. The Security & Privacy menu will state that “realappeal.pkg was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer.” Click Open Anyway to modify your security settings to allow the installation.
5. You may need to enter your computer’s admin credentials to modify your security settings. Enter them if you are prompted to do so.
6. After entering your credentials, click Open to begin the Real Appeal install process.
7. Follow the steps found in the "Connecting for the First Time" section above to complete the installation and connect to the session.