In this article:
Internet Explorer is one of our supported browsers. Please review this article for information to help you:
- Identify that you're using Internet Explorer
- Understand what a plugin is and why you need the ZillionLive plugin to connect with Internet Explorer
- Take steps to connect to a live online Real Appeal Effect session using Internet Explorer for the first time
Identify That You're Using Internet Explorer
The default browser for newer PCs that use Windows 10 is not Internet Explorer. The default browser is Microsoft Edge, which currently is not one of our supported browsers.
To ensure that you are using Internet Explorer, locate it from your PC's menu using one of these methods, depending on the version of Windows that your PC uses:
- If you use Windows 10, type "Internet Explorer" in the Cortana "Ask me anything" field in the lower left corner of your screen.
- If you use Windows 7, click the Start icon in the lower left corner of your screen and then type "Internet Explorer" in the "Search programs and files" field.
A plugin is software that acts as an "add-on" to your web browser. To use Internet Explorer to join and participate in your live online video sessions, you will need to install the ZillionLive plugin. This will allow you to see the video and other screen elements the way that they were meant to be displayed on your screen.
Connecting for the First Time
Before connecting to a live session with Internet Explorer, you first need to download and install the ZillionLive Plugin. You are not required to have a camera or microphone on the your computer when you are using a browser, like Internet Explorer, that uses the plugin.
Below are the steps for installing the ZillionLive plugin and joining a live session from Internet Explorer.
1. Click the JOIN button in the top-right corner of the dashboard.
2. The Real Appeal Effect Session Test prompt will start with the Browser Compatibility portion. This is where you will download and install the Zillion Live Plugin. Start by clicking the Download Plugin button.
3. Click Run from the pop-up menu that appears at the bottom of the page.
4. The Real Appeal Setup Wizard will appear and display the Real Appeal License Agreement. Check the box to accept the terms and then click the Install button.
5. Once the Setup Wizard is finished installing, click Finish to complete the installation.
6. After the installation is complete, you will be brought back to the Real Appeal Session Test. Close and restart the browser as instructed.
7. Once returning to the dashboard and clicking the JOIN button again, you will know you have connected to the session when you see your coach or the page displayed below.
Joining Without a Camera or Microphone
If you do not have a camera or microphone installed on your computer, you can still connect to your session using Internet Explorer. The following steps are assuming that the plugin has already been installed following the above instructions.
1. Click the JOIN button in the upper right corner of the dashboard.
2. If you do not have a camera installed and enabled, there will then be a pop-up explaining that there is a problem with your camera.
- If you have a camera installed, you can enable it or make sure that it is not in use by another program and then click Retry with Camera.
- If you do not have a camera installed, you click Continue Without Camera.
3. If you do not have a microphone installed and enabled, there will then be a pop-up explaining that there is a problem with you microphone.
- If you have a microphone installed, then enable it or make sure that it is not in use by another program and then click Retry with Microphone.
- If you do not have a camera installed, you click Continue Without Microphone.
4. The session should now connect. If you are properly connected, you should see the text on the red screen change to “Connected! Your coach has not yet arrived. Please wait…” or you will see your coach on the screen.